On Sept. 24, 2020, O’Fallon approved a bill (No. 7239), sponsored by Ward 3 council members Dale Kling and Nathan Bibb, for a Hwy. DD road improvements project to accommodate increased residential and commercial traffic from the new Streets of Caledonia mixed-use development.
The project will improve and widen Hwy. DD from Mastercard Boulevard east of I-64 to a point 0.2 miles northeast of Castlewood Estates Drive. Work is expected to begin in late summer 2021 and be completed no later than April 19, 2022.
The project includes:
- The reconstruction of Route DD from 1,100 feet east of Castlewood Estates Drive north to Mastercard Boulevard.
- Exit ramp widening with signal modifications.
- A new signalized intersection at Caledonia Drive.
- A new roundabout at Dalriada Drive.
- Pavement widening, enclosed drainage, signals, an Intelligent Traffic System (ITS), lighting, signage and pavement markings.
The project has grant funds from the St. Charles County Road Board, plus cost-sharing with MoDOT and Payne Family Homes. The developer’s contributions already have been received, covering the city’s portion.
Required competitive bids for the work have been submitted and considered.
At its June 10 meeting, the council voted 8-0 to formally fund the project. Council members Dave Hinman (Ward 1) and Katie Gatewood (Ward 5) were absent/excused.
Resolution 06-10-2021B authorizes $3,328,844.67 for an agreement with N.B. West Contracting Company for the construction of the project. Resolution 06-10-2021D authorizes $88,609.48 for a construction inspection agreement with Cochran Engineering, Inc.