The National Rx Take Back Day takes place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, April 24 at the County Sheriff’s Office, 300 N. Second St., and at the following police departments:
• Cottleville, 5490 Fifth St.
• Lake Saint Louis, 200 Civic Center Drive
• O’Fallon, 1019 Bryan Road
• St. Charles County, 101 Sheriff Dierker Court, O’Fallon
• St. Peters, 1020 Grand Teton Drive
• Wentzville, 1019 Schroeder Creek Blvd.
This free event is open to the public. Only prescription drugs will be accepted. Do not bring over-the-counter medications. No medications will be accepted before 10 a.m. or after 2 p.m.
Intravenous solutions, injectables and needles will not be accepted. Illegal substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not part of this program.
All prescription medications will be accepted with no questions asked. To remain anonymous, remove identifying information from prescription medicine container labels before disposal. Tightly seal the cap on liquid products, such as cough syrup.