While baseball is back at Busch Stadium, fans have been thrown a curveball by COVID-19.
The team in early March, received approval to welcome guests back to Busch Stadium for the 2021 season, beginning with the home opener on Thursday, April 8. The COVID catch is that only 32% of capacity will be allowed to attend each game at Busch Stadium.
Additionally, new policies include:
• Guests will be seated in pods of four or less with a minimum distance of 6-feet between seating pods in all directions.
• Masks will be required at all times in all areas of the stadium, including the seating bowl, unless guests are actively eating and drinking in their ticketed seats.
• All game tickets will be delivered via the MLB Ballpark app (cardinals.com/ballparkapp), ensuring a touchless entry into the ballpark.
• Concession stands, kiosks and other retail transactions made in the stadium will be cashless and only offer credit and debit payment options. Debit cards will be available for purchase using cash with no service fees at a limited number of locations inside the stadium.
• Guests will be directed to enter and exit the stadium through one of six designated entry gates to expedite the process and limit crowding at any one entrance. A designated entry gate will be noted on each ticket. Guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the stadium.
• To reduce contamination and ensure touchless entry, bags will not be permitted to be brought in to Busch Stadium, except for medical or diaper bags; this includes purses.
Additional changes will be implemented to ticketing, concessions and retail operations to further reduce touch points among staff and guests.
While the season begins with reduced capacity seating, the Cardinals have announced that they will continue to offer a “robust promotional schedule that features giveaways for 10,000 fans at every home game during the season’s opening month” with more to follow.
April’s promotional items are:
2020 Cardinals Magnet Schedule, Thursday, April 8 vs. Milwaukee Brewers; fans 21 and older; compliments of Budweiser.
Mystery Hall of Fame Opening Day Car Parade Bobblehead featuring Stan Musial, Jack Buck or Tony La Russa, Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11 vs. Milwaukee Brewers; all ages; courtesy of Ford.
Adult Puffy Vest, Monday, April 12; Tuesday, April 13; Wednesday, April 14 vs. Washington Nationals; all ages; courtesy of Bayer.
Adult 1944 Inspired Jersey, Friday, April 23; Saturday, April 24; Sunday, April 25 vs. Cincinnati Reds; all ages; courtesy of Coca-Cola and Walmart.
Jack Buck Statue with Voice Chip, Monday, April 26; Tuesday, April 27; Wednesday, April 28 vs. Philadelphia Phillies; all ages; courtesy of Ameren Illinois.
Lou Brock & Bob Gibson Lapel Pin Set, Thursday, April 29 vs. Philadelphia Phillies; all ages; compliments of Central Bank of St. Louis.