St. Charles County’s popular off-the-leash dog areas reopened June 3; however, pet owners and their furry friends will need to observe social distancing and several other new guidelines while visiting the following parks.
To keep guests safe, the following health and safety measures have been implemented:
• Social distancing is required. If guests notice this rule is not being followed, they are urged to call the Ranger duty phone at (636) 713-4394.
• Guests should not enter if they or their dog are ill.
• Wearing face coverings is encouraged.
• Washing hands or using hand sanitizer before entering the park and after leaving is encouraged.
• Guests are asked to arrive, play and leave – do not congregate.
• Refrain from petting dogs.
• No outside toys or balls are allowed.
As a reminder, the new regulations will be posted on the entrance gate of the Off-Leash Areas and at the information areas of the host parks.
All dogs are required to have current vaccinations and licenses before entering.
Off-the-leash areas are open daily from 7 a.m. to 30 minutes past sunset at the following parks:
• Broemmelsiek Park, 1795 Hwy. DD in Defiance
• Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Drive in Wentzville
• Veterans Tribute Park, 1031 Kisker Road in Weldon Spring