The National Rx Take Back Day takes place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26, at the following police departments:
• Cottleville, 5490 Fifth St.
• St. Charles, County Sheriff’s Office, 300 N. Second St.
• Lake Saint Louis, 200 Civic Center Drive
• O’Fallon, 1019 Bryan Road
• St. Charles County, 101 Sheriff Dierker Court, O’Fallon
• St. Peters, 1020 Grand Teton Drive
• Wentzville, 1019 Schroeder Creek Blvd.
This free event is open to the public and sponsored by area police departments and the U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency.
Only prescription drugs will be accepted. Do not bring over-the-counter medications. No medications will be accepted before 10 a.m. or after 2 p.m.
Intravenous solutions, injectables and needles will not be accepted. Illegal substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not part of this program.
All prescription medications will be accepted with no questions asked. To remain anonymous, remove identifying information from prescription medicine container labels before disposal. Tightly seal the cap on liquid products, such as cough syrup.
Unused prescription medications are a risk to public health and safety and are a potential source for illegal use. The safe disposal of unused medicine eliminates the possibility of drugs getting into the wrong hands and causing harm.