O’Fallon’s free Community Emergency Response Team [CERT] training is being offered from Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3 at the O’Fallon Streets Department building, 1089 Public Works Drive.
Friday’s class runs from 6-10 p.m., and Saturday’s and Sunday’s classes are from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Participants must attend all three days to pass the course.
The free, 20-hour course will cover:
• Basic emergency response skills.
• Assembling a disaster preparedness kit.
• Hands-on basic medical assessment and treatment for injuries, burns and more.
• Working as a team to conduct triage, light search and rescue and extinguishing small fires.
• How to assist should emergency personnel be unable to respond to a disastrous event.
All participants must pass a background check and must be at least 18 years old. You do not need to be a resident of O’Fallon to attend the class.
Register at ofallon.mo.us/PD/cert or contact Officer Pat Helton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.