From 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, residents are urged to take unused prescription medications to police departments throughout the county as part of a nationwide effort to eliminate the possibility of the drugs harming someone else or getting into the wrong hands.
The Take-Back event is for prescription drugs only, not over-the-counter drugs or illegal substances, such as marijuana.
The service is free and anonymous. To remain anonymous, it is important to remove identifying information from prescription medicine container labels before disposal. Likewise, it is important to tightly seal the cap on any liquid products, such as cough syrups.
Intravenous solutions, injectables and needles will not be accepted.
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Take-Back Day website, participating police departments include:
• Cottleville, 5490 Fifth St.
• County Sheriff’s Office, 300 N. Second St.
• Lake Saint Louis, 200 Civic Center Drive
• O’Fallon, 1019 Bryan Road
• St. Charles County, 101 Sheriff Dierker Court, O’Fallon
• St. Peters, 1020 Grand Teton Drive
• Wentzville, 1019 Schroeder Creek Blvd.