For the first time, O’Fallon’s Celebrations of Lights popular walk-through event, the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll, will be held on two nights, Monday Dec. 12 and Tuesday, Dec. 13, from 6 – 9 p.m. in Fort Zumwalt Park. The cost is $3 per person for ages 3 and up, and free for younger children.
On these special nights, millions of lights will twinkle along a route lined with whimsical holiday scenes featuring favorite movie and storybook characters, inspiring nativities and more. Along the way, visitors can:
- Listen as carolers fill the air with music and purchase hot cocoa and other treats at food and beverage stations
- Catch the excitement of fireworks over Lake Whetsel at 7:25 p.m.
- Visit with Santa in a heated tent at Santa Land and make a holiday craft
- Shop in the historic Heald Home for hand-crafted holiday gifts, decorations, winter wear, jewelry and baked goodies
- Take a self-guided tour of Zumwalt’s Fort, which will be decorated for the holidays and a welcoming fire burning in the hearth
- Visit the St. Charles Model Railroad Club’s working display of model trains traveling through miniature city and country landscapes. www.stcharlesrailroadclub.org
Pedestrians are welcome to bring strollers, wagons, walkers and wheelchairs. However, no pets or dogs (except service dogs), motorized hoverboards, kids’ scooters, bikes or skateboards will be allowed.
Free parking and continuous shuttle service starting at 5:45 p.m. will be available at the First Baptist Church, 8750 Veterans Memorial Parkway (63366) and O’Fallon Christian Church, 9380 Veterans Memorial Parkway (63366). For more information, call (636) 379-6514.