An electric skillet is a great resource when cooking on the road, but all of these recipes work just as well in a cast-iron skillet over a campfire.
Roasted Broccoli & Tomatoes also can be cooked in a foil pack on the grill. But be sure to turn the foil pack carefully and frequently to prevent scorching.
When making a foil pack, consider making single serving packs. Smaller packs cook more evenly and are easier to handle. To make the foil pack, center the ingredients on a sheet of heavy duty foil, leaving enough on all sides to be able to bring up the sides and double fold the top and ends to seal the pack. Be sure to leave room for heat circulation inside.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
1 can (15.5 oz.) no-salt-added
red kidney beans, rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 cup Kraft Mexican-style finely
shredded four cheese blend
1/3 cup sour cream
1 large green onion, chopped
1. Brown meat in large nonstick electric skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
2. Add next four ingredients; stir.
3. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min.
4. Stir in tortilla pieces; top with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
5. Top with sour cream and onions before serving or let everyone add their own.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon McCormick garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon McCormick black pepper,
12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or
several fresh leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat electric skillet to 400°F. Mix oil, garlic powder and pepper in large bowl. Add broccoli and tomatoes; toss to coat well. Spread in skillet in a single layer.
2. Roast 13 to 15 minutes or until broccoli is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
3. While vegetables are cooking, mix vinegar, honey, basil and oregano in small bowl.
4. Move cooked vegetables into a serving bowl. Drizzle glaze over roasted vegetables; toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups baking mix
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
3 cups fresh blueberries
1. Heat electric skillet to 275°F. As skillet is heating, melt the butter in it.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together baking mix, sugar and milk; pour over melted butter.
3. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter. Cover skillet and bake 42 to 47 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipes provided by Kraft Foods and McCormick & Company.