In preparation for O’Fallon’s annual Celebration of Lights, Fort Zumwalt Park will be closed to vehicles from Monday, Oct. 12, through mid-January 2016, so that crews can safely install holiday lights and scenes for the city’s annual Celebration of Lights display.
The park’s disc golf course, “The Fort,” also will be closed during this period.
Pedestrians are welcome during daylight hours, but for safety’s sake are required to stay on the paved drive through the park, which has a designated lane for walkers and joggers. Everyone is invited to see the Celebration of Lights, which will open at 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 27 and continue through Dec. 30. The display will be closed on Dec. 25.
Each scene in the Celebration of Lights display is designed and funded by local organizations, churches and businesses.
Started in 1991, the event attracts more than 10,000 vehicles each year and more than 5,000 individuals during the Old-Fashioned Holiday Stroll.
Drive-through hours (no reservations needed) include:
- Sunday, Tuesday through Thursday (except Tuesday, December 8), 6 – 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 6 – 10 p.m.
- Mondays: Closed to vehicle traffic – Train and Segway rides by advance reservation only (see below)
- Special night: On Monday, December 21, Celebration of Lights will be open to vehicle traffic
Admission: $10 for cars; $15 for commercial vans and limousines; $1 per person on tour buses ($25 minimum)
- Tuesday Night Special – $7 for all non-commercial vehicles
- Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.