Volunteers from St. Charles County and the communities of Cottleville, Dardenne Prairie, Lake Saint Louis, O’Fallon, St. Charles, St Peters and Wentzville are being sought to join forces with Greenway Network and Missouri River Relief in an effort to remove trash from local streams and lakes on Saturday, April 11. Residents can participate by calling their nearest community to register:
• Dardenne Prairie: 561-1718, meet at City Hall
• Cottleville: 498-6565 x203, meet at City Hall
• Wentzville: 332-9236, meet at Rotary Park
• Lake St. Louis: 695-4221, meet at Jefferson Point
• O’Fallon: 379-5408, meet at Westhoff Park
• St. Charles: 949-3237, meet at Lewis & Clark Boathouse
• St Peters: stpetersmo.net, meet at Rec Plex South lot
• Cora Island: 498-0772, meet at Cora Island Parking Area
The day will start at 8:30 a.m. with registration at one of the eight rendezvous locations listed above. Everyone is asked to dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes or boots and bring gloves. Transportation is not provided. Breakfast snacks will be served depending upon location. Register early – space is limited. Participants registering by April 1 will receive a free T-shirt.
In case of dangerous weather or high water, the event will be rescheduled for April 25. All participants are encouraged to go to the Earth Day Festivities at Rotary Park, 2577 West Meyer Road, for lunch.
Festivities include work by local artisans, nature activities including upcycled crafts, exploring a model stream and seeing how pollution moves into our rivers and streams. For additional details, visit greenwaynetwork.org.