Of the thousands of submissions made to the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra’s annual Picture the Music competition, 25 Fort Zumwalt students were named to the Top 100 and honored at a reception at Powell Hall. Their work will be part of a traveling show.
Dardenne Elementary first-grader Alex Hutsell took home the top prize for students in grades K-third. His piece, “Stormy Boom,” brought home the Maestro Award. In addition to being a part of the traveling show, Alex’s piece will be on display at Powell Hall until next year’s Picture the Music contest is completed.
Other Picture the Music winners were:
• Kindergarten students Kaley Morgan, Twin Chimneys; Lane Pawlik, Emge and Zach Robertson, Dardenne
• First-grade students Anelise Cover, Dardenne; Gracie Francis, Dardenne and Alex Hutsell, Dardenne
• Second-grade students Michael Brody, Dardenne; Reyna Chrum, Emge; Connor James, Emge; Holt Lawler, St. Peters; Reid Williams, Progress South and Craig Willmann, St. Peters
• Third-grade students Finneas Stergos, Lewis & Clark; Jackson Viers, Rock Creek and Jocelyn Warren, Progress South
• Fourth-grade students Evelyn Barton, Rock Creek; Etthan DePriest, Progress South; Brianna Dick, Rock Creek; Kaylee MacKaben, Twin Chimneys and Drake Wright, Rock Creek
• Fifth-grade students Katelyn Bruno, Hawthorn; Carleigh Jones, Hawthorn; Hannah Morrison, Twin Chimneys; Gabby St. Jean, Dardenne and Kathleen Staengel, Lewis & Clark