Instead of trashing your natural tree after the Yuletide celebration, consider recycling it as a way to give one last gift to the environment.
To make recycling your tree easier, the St. Charles County Division of Environmental Health and Protection partners with area municipalities to offer residents this service at various sites throughout our community, including the County’s Recycle Works locations in St. Charles and Wentzville.
There is no charge to participate in this program.
Before bringing natural trees to one of the locations below, residents must be sure to remove the tree stand, all decorations and any plastic bags or coverings.
- Laurel Park (upper parking lot), off McClay Road
- St. Peters Golf & Recreation Center, 200A Salt Lick Road
- St. Peters Earth Centre, 115 Ecology Drive
Open 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday thru Saturday, Dec. 29 to Jan. 17
- Progress Park (parking lot), 968 Meyer Road
Open 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., from Dec. 26 to Jan. 18
- Civic Park (upper parking lot), 400 Civic Park Drive
- O’Fallon Sports Park, 3589 Highway K
Locations open from dawn to dusk, Dec. 26 to Jan. 11
LAKE SAINT LOUIS
- Founders Park, 7 Freymuth Road
Open during daylight hours, Dec. 26 to Jan. 17
ST. CHARLES COUNTY
- Recycle Works Central, 60 Triad South (St. Charles)
- Recycle Works West, 2110 East Pitman Avenue (Wentzville)
Open 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday, Dec. 26 to Jan. 17
- Quail Ridge Park (Group Picnic Area parking lot), 5501 Quail Ridge Parkway (Wentzville)
Open 7 a.m. to sunset, Dec. 26 to Jan. 18
To further assist the community this season, the Recycle Works West and Recycle Works Central locations offer free recycling of non-foil gift boxes, wrapping paper and unwanted Christmas tree lights for St. Charles County residents.
For more information on recycling efforts within St. Charles County, please call 949-1800 or visit sccmo.org/861/Recycling.