Three area high school seniors attending schools along the Hwy. 40/I-64 corridor will be awarded scholarships totaling up to $10,000 when Progress 64 West awards its Louis S. Sachs Scholarships on Wednesday, Nov. 26.
The awards are sponsored by American Direct Marketing Resources, LLC and DosterUllom, LLC. Lindenwood University is a matching sponsor.
To be eligible for consideration, graduating seniors must submit an Executive Summary of a Business Plan to the attention of Sharon Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Oct. 31. Summaries should include:
• a description of the business concept, including nature of the business, mission, objectives, philosophy and values, and contribution to the community
• market analysis, including market need, competition and strategy to meet the need and successfully and profitably compete
• business operations, including necessary management, employees, vendors, professional assistance, facility and technology
• sales and marketing strategies, tactics and techniques
• sources and uses of funds necessary to start and operate the business
In keeping with the theme of the 2014 banquet, “Passing the Torch to the New Generation,” applicants are encouraged to include their succession plan.
Three college scholarships will be awarded as follows:
• A $5,000 scholarship, paid in two installments of $2,500 – one for the student’s first year of college and another for the second year, provided the student maintains a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 during the first year, is enrolled in school full-time and is otherwise in good standing.
• Up to Two $2,500 scholarships, each paid in one installment for the student’s first year of college.
If a winning student is enrolled in and attends Lindenwood University in St. Charles, the university will match the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship, provided the student meets certain requirements set forth by the university. At the discretion of Progress 64 West, scholarships may be paid directly to the college or university the winning student attends.
Additional information is available online at p64w.publishpath.com/scholarships3.