Team Missouri finished third in the Fore State Championship hosted by Oklahoma at the Shangri-La Resort on Grand Lake.
Oklahoma finished in first place with 15 points, while second-place Arkansas had 12 points. Third place Missouri 11 points and defending Champions Kansas finishing fourth with 10 points. This is the ninth win for Oklahoma. Missouri has won six titles, Arkansas three titles and Kansas has two.
Arkansas will host the 2015 Fore State Championship.
In the final round, singles matches between Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas where held. The day began with Oklahoma having 9 points, Missouri 6 points, and Kansas and Arkansas both earning 4.5 points. Missouri singles results: Catherine Dolan (MO) won over Sarah Childers (AR), Brooke Cusumano (MO) lost to Yujeong Son (OK), Kayla Eckelkamp (MO) won over Amanda Booth (KS), Natalie Bird (MO) lost to Endsley Evans (AR), Alisha Matthews (MO) lost to Caroline Goodin (OK), Marbrie Cain (MO) won over Anne Willman (KS), Kathy Glennon (MO) lost to Brenda Carr (AR), Diane Chancellor lost to Leann Fairlet (OK), Stephany Powell halved with Teri Albers (KS), Nancy Walthers (MO) lost to Rosetta Parks (AR), Tina Jones (MO) halved with Janet Miller (OK) and Dee Robertson (MO) won against Sand Preston (KS).
Here were the Amateur level team members (through age 39):
* Brooke Cusumano, who was the 2013 Amateur Low Junior with a fifth-place finish, was a 2013 Junior Four State Team member, and came in fourth place in the 2014 Amateur Championship.
* Catherine Dolan, who was the 2011 and 2013 Amateur Champion, 2012 runner-up, a qualifier for match play in 2012 and 2013 USGA Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship, a 2011 and 2013 Fore State Team Member, and who qualified for 2014 U.S. WAPL.
* Mabrie Cain, St. Peters, who had a top 10 finish 2014 Amateur.
* Kayla Eckelkamp, Washington, who was the runner-up in the 2011 Amateur, finished fourth in the 2012 Amateur, and was a 2011 Fore State Team member.
* Alisha Matthews, St. Louis, who was a 2013 USGA Missouri State Team member, had a 10th-place finish in the 2013 Amateur, was a 2010 and 2011 Fore State Team Member, had a top 20 finish in the 2014 Amateur, and qualified for 2014 U..S WAPL.
* Natalie Bird, Carl Junction, who had an 11th-place finish in the 2013 Amateur, was a 2012 and 2013 Fore State Team Member, and had a top 15 finish at the 2014 Amateur.
Here were the Mid Amateur level team members (age 40 years and older):
* Diane Chancellor, Glencoe, who had a fourth-place finish in 2013 Mid Amateur, a 14th-place finish in the 2013 Amateur, and is a multiple past Fore State team member.
* Kathy Glennon, St. Albans, who had top 20 finishes in the Amateur, Mid Amateur, and is a multiple past Fore State Team member.
* Tina Jones, Wildwood, the 2013 Senior Champion, and a multiple past Fore State Team member.
* Stephany Powell, Springfield, the 2012 Senior champion, finished third in the 2013 Mid Amateur, and is a multiple past Fore State/USGA Team member.
* Dee Robertson, Iberia, who was a top 15 finisher in the Mid Amateur.
* Nancy Walther, St. Louis, who was a multiple year Fore State Team Member with top 7 finish in the Mid Amateur.
The Fore State Championship was established in 1995 to promote a friendly rivalry among amateur women golfers from the four border states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Each state teams are comprised of six “amateur” length players aged 39 years and under and six “mid amateur” players aged 40 and older.