Dardenne Prairie is hosting an informational meeting on Thursday, July 24, at 6:30 p.m. for the Wentzville Fire District regarding the two propositions – Propositions L and F – which will appear on the Tuesday, Aug. 5 ballot. The meeting will be held at Dardenne Prairie City Hall, 2032 Hanley Road.
Proposition L (Life) is a 25-cent tax increase that will provide resources to:
• Hire one training officer.
• Hire additional firefighters to staff two additional fire stations
Proposition F (Family) is a $30 million bond issue that will provide resources to:
• Construct two additional fire stations to reduce response times district-wide.
• Rebuild headquarters (Station 1) and Station 4 for enhanced service.
• Purchase new fire trucks to replace aging and high-mileage equipment.
• Purchase advanced life support (ALS) medical equipment and place firefighters who are cross-trained as paramedics on every responding fire truck. Currently, Wentzville’s trucks are equipped with just basic life support equipment (oxygen and CPR equipment).
According to a press statement released by the city of Dardenne Prairie, if Propositions L and F passe, the fire district will be able to reach over 93 percent of its response area in fewer than 8 minutes to deliver ALS services.